Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sushi night.

Tuesday night was one of my best nights in Doha. We went with some friend from VCUQ to a sushi restaurant called Neo. Tuesday nights is all you can eat sushi where they just bring sushi to your table as it's made. At first I thought it was good and well paced but somewhere a long the line the sushi came out faster than you could eat. But it was so delicious. I have no idea how many pieces I had but it was a lot. I was sitting across from Rehab and she was trying to get me to eat one more piece with her. We both had about 4 left on our plates and ate just 1 last piece before we almost died from fullness. The owner came out and told us that the record was 46 pieces of sushi and that if anyone had 50 pieces they dine for free. Good thing he told us that after we were all filled to capacity because we all would have been counting and trying to get to 50. 

After the sushi we ordered all the desserts on the menu and split them between the six of us. They were absolutely divine. The restaurant makes them on the spot so it takes a while to get your dessert, which is perfectly fine because while they make the desserts you digest all the sushi you just gorged yourself on. One particular dessert required a chisel, then there was a green tea tiramisu, apple tart with cinnamon ice cream and an absolutely incredible heavenly molten chocolate cake. 

Everything was incredible. There was great conversation and company, amazing food, and I loved the restaurant (well designed that I didn't have much to critique on as I have a tendency to do thanks to SCAD).

After dinner we went next door to Layali which is owned by the same man as Neo. There most of us had white coffee which is an herbal tea that acts as a sedative and calms the nerves while stimulating digestion after a rich or heavy meal (I think two dozen pieces of sushi and rich desserts counts as a rich and heavy meal). This was by far the best night here.

Me and Rehab (who stated that she wanted to kidnap me so that I couldn't leave Wednesday night) She's so sweet and funny, I liked her and her husband the first night I met them.
This is Halim, he's basically a connection to any restaurant in the area. If you are with him you'll get treated well.

No comments: