Sunday, November 18, 2007

Prep.

I leave Monday morning to embark on my ever so long flight to the Middle East. I have 4 planes that I have to take, which I guess isn't that bad. It's better to be on 4 shorter flights than 1 or 2 long flights. I have to take a flight from Savannah to Baltimore and then switch over to British Airways for the rest of the time.

It's rather weird leaving the country. Normally I take a flight home to Wisconsin and it does not take that much preparation. I've made 7 lists of things to take, things to do before I leave, etc. and I always feel like I'm forgetting something. I have most things figured out. I have The Kite Runner, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, and Atonement to read. I have my computer for entertainment and updates. My iPod for music. I've done most of the shopping for travel items. Now all I have to do is pack.

Going to a Muslim country is a little challenging. I can't bring skirts of dresses that don't go below the knee, my shoulders have to be covered at all times, and no low cut tops. It doesn't sound too bad except it's going to be close to 90 degrees the entire time and most of what I own cuts low. Not to mention I have no real desert clothing.

Well, I have to get back to cleaning.

No comments: