Monday, November 19, 2007

Frequent Flyer

Let's begin with the problems in Savannah.

Apparently I decided to travel with all those who only travel once or twice a year and are not up to date on the security (that hasn't changed in years). Some did not realize that you have to show a photo ID when going through security. I'm sorry, that has been a regulation forever. Then they had to be walked through what to take out and take off for security. Obviously shoes and jackets (because those hide bombs) secondly laptops and those wonderful baggies of liquid (including lipgloss because I can start a bomb with lipgloss). After that entire experience I went through security and proceeded to gather my things from the bins. I went to reach for my laptop when the security officer decided I wasn't moving quick enough (as opposed to all the old people around me) and started to take the bin away from me while I was reaching for it and move it down the table. I stopped him and took my laptop and walked off to the side to redress and repack.

The flight itself wasn't that bad. I have a picture to upload later to explain why I don't like to sleep on flights. I had a seat next to a little girl and my first reaction was to pop all the advil in my bag because she was going to be annoying. She was the best passenger ever! She never cried or screamed she just laughed and said "Hi" most of the time. It was amazing.

Now I'm sitting in Charlotte waiting for my flight to Baltimore (that is supposed to be leaving in 10 minutes but when does a plane ever leave on time). Hopefully it won't be a bad flight. Once I'm in Baltimore, that's a different story.

Here's my situation in Baltimore (because airlines love to make things easy and because I'm switching over to British Airways): I have to exit the US Airways flight, proceed to baggage claim to get my 1 piece of checked luggage (which by the way I'm so proud of myself. I have 1 suitcase and it only weighed 36 pounds... I'm so proud!!). Once I have that luggage I have to find my way back to the BA ticket counter and check the bag again with British Airways, then go back through security and find my gate and wait for a couple hours. So much fun awaits at Baltimore.

I need a private jet.... and my flight is coming soon so I'll be signing off. I'll update in Baltimore which is my last chance to charge my computer, iPod, and phone before I'm in London and can't use my adapters.

No comments: