Monday, December 3, 2007

Last Sunset.

My last sunset in Qatar was a beautiful one. 

I was sad to leave, not only to leave my dad and not see him again for 6 more months but also because I had so much fun. I couldn't ask for a better first international trip. For our last night (because my flight didn't leave until midnight) we went back to the old Souq. We had dinner at Tajine one more time and sad to say the service wasn't as good as the first time we went there. But it was okay, I just wanted to spend more time with my dad and I didn't care where we ate. 

It was an amazing trip, I ate great food and met some amazing people. I got to see the desert and walk on beautiful beaches. I'm happy I went, and glad that I got to get out of Savannah for a week. I feel like I was there forever but at the same time it was too short. And today, I feel as though I was there forever ago, not 4 days ago. Sitting in Heathrow Airport I heard the call for Bahrain/Doha and I was tempted to hop on that fly and go back. Hopefully another visit is in my future because Doha is definitely a place I cannot forget.



No comments: